Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Lord is so big....


So strong and so mighty

Thane Irunilandhangi Vinnai Nirkund
Thane Sudum Angi Gnayirunthingal
Thane Mazhaipozhi Thaiyalumai Nirkund
Thane Thadavarai Thankadalame

*****

He is the one who bears the earth and the sky and exists as space. He is the fire that burns, the sun and the moon. He is the maiden cloud that bursts forth as rains and he is the mountain and cool oceans too.

This reminds me of a school song. "My God is so Big, so strong and so mighty that nothing my Lord cannot do. The mountains are his, the rivers are his, the stars are his handiwork too....My God is so big! Tirumoolar goes a step deeper and says, "the mountains, rivers, sun, moon and space are the Lord himself.
Swahilya Shambhavi (swahilya.soulmate@gmail.com)

2 comments:

Meena said...

Swahilya,
Reading this post, I was reminded of a trip to Chidambaram. Behind the beautiful figure of Lord Nataraja is the actual sanctum-where the Lord exists as Akasha,space.From that void,or Nothingness, He takes form and dances to create the world. Thus, He is everything - the sun,moon,the stars, every single living being in this universe.What a wonderful concept.Love these posts;they urge me to read Tirumandiram in the original.
Meena.

Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Welcome Meena. Yes reading in the original helps to go deeper and there is a tranquility when that happens.